Head of Business Development – Content Partnerships
Home-based, South of England
Founded over 30 years ago as a family business in Melbourne, Australia, Bolinda has its own offices in Australia, UK, and Germany. Today, Bolinda is considered one of the most innovative companies in the audio book market as well as the leading specialist for digital library lending, with the BorrowBox solution.
BorrowBox enables library members to borrow and consume the very best digital content including eBooks, eAudiobooks, eNews and eMagazines from our own publishing program and those of all other international publishers. With BorrowBox, Bolinda has successfully established itself as the market leader in Australia, New Zealand the UK and Ireland and we are now looking for more talented people to join our energetic and accomplished team in the UK.
We are seeking an accomplished candidate to work within our commercial and content team. You will be working directly with global content providers and publishers to continue the growth of our extensive, market-leading digital content range, as we continue to provide the world’s very best titles to users around the world. You will be working with our long-standing existing partners and forging brand new relationships.
Our ideal candidate is a natural hunter above all else, with a genuine can-do approach. You will be passionate about content, working across our list and the market to identify new content opportunities.
You will be an expert at building new connections and thrive on delivering incredible results. Naturally likeable, an experienced presenter and negotiator, you will have a strong track record of managing commercial partnerships and high-level clients.
This is a manager-level position within the business, working with the senior team and reporting directly to our Group Commercial Director to grow our digital content business. We are looking for a hands-on candidate with leadership qualities and strong management capabilities or potential.
You will be responsible for:
- Building and managing relationships with content providers and publishers, across the globe.
- Impressively presenting and pitching our business, our brand and our core values.
- Using your content and market expertise and knowledge to continue the growth of our digital format ranges.
- Negotiating commercial terms, closing deals and forging new global partnerships.
- Working with the commercial team across all areas as required – including developing new customers, new opportunities and new partnerships.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Genuine hunting skills – with considerable experience in new business development, sales or similar roles.
- A strong negotiation skillset and a desire to close the very best deals.
- Have first-class presentation, organisational and administration skills.
- Market-awareness – you will have knowledge of publishing or media content providers, with at least 5+ years’ experience in the market.
- Be conscientious and detail orientated – with the ability to analyse, identify and maximise opportunities within the market.
- Comprehensive commercial expertise and acumen.
- Have a growth mind-set, that you can bring to a fast-moving business.
- Great leadership potential, capable of leading a team in the future.
- Self-motivation and ability to work entirely independently with a varied workload.
- Ambitious determination and grit, being relentless in your desire to succeed.
- Natural communication skills and the ability to effectively engage your audience.
- Have an intuitive and communicative disposition and enjoy acting entrepreneurially, inspiring people around you.
Apply now by sending your CV and covering letter to [email protected]