Publishing Operations Executive
Bolinda has revolutionised the way people access and consume books. As the world’s No.1 audiobook publisher and a leader in digital media, they combine a global reputation for excellence built over 25 years in audiobook publishing with the energy of their five-year-old digital start-up.
Bolinda has won hundreds of awards for producing world-class audio, and publishes bestselling authors and top brands on audio. They boast the best young adult and children’s audiobook program in the world and publish international authors such as Liane Moriarty, Kate Morton, Elizabeth Gilbert and Liz Pichon.
Through their digital download solution, BorrowBox – your library in one app – Bolinda is the leading digital library provider in the world. BorrowBox, which enables members of public libraries, schools and universities to download and borrow eContent, is the fastest growing digital library platform in Australia and the UK. Bolinda has offices in Melbourne, the UK and New Zealand, doing business globally to provide great opportunities for exceptional people.
Everything about Bolinda is cutting-edge, from their digital products and infrastructure to their business processes and training. They do things differently from most businesses and pride themselves on being one of the most innovative and progressive publishing companies.
Having gone through significant growth, the company is now looking to add even more talented people to its passionate and energetic team. If you are ambitious and would love to be challenged in a demanding but highly rewarding environment, then this company is for you.
About the Opportunity
Bolinda is seeking a Publishing Operations Executive to work alongside our current Founder and Publishing Manager. This position requires a dynamic person suited to a fast-paced role in an exciting and innovative company.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Managing the publishing program’s metadata coordination.
- Curating our distributed large print program.
- Overseeing ISBN and product management.
- Handling reseller data management.
- Coordinating pre-orders across physical and digital programs with our metadata resources.
- Coordinating creation of order forms, catalogues and priority lists for all markets.
- Managing title data and data checking across the Bolinda Group – Library, Publishing and BorrowBox.
- Undertaking quality control across all publishing metadata.
- Managing and overseeing the process of bringing titles from acquisition to product stage to market.
- Undertaking quality control on all data and information supplied to the market.
- Proofreading and performing quality checks with close attention to detail.
- The key liaison between publishing and production.
This role at Bolinda will place you in a fast-paced, high-pressure and rewarding environment. You will be based at the Bolinda office in South Yarra/Cremorne.
- You will have a can-do, positive attitude where no job is too big or too small.
- You will possess a strong work ethic, be super-efficient, highly organised, a good-problem solver, and will love administration and setting up systems and processes.
- You will have a passion for and understanding of metadata and its importance.
- You will be a quick learner with a strong attention to detail, excellent computer skills and demonstrated experience in Microsoft Excel, proofing and editing metadata.
- You will be highly motivated, bright and committed to thriving in a dynamic and challenging environment.
- You will have highly developed and demonstrated teamwork skills and the ability to adapt in a changing environment.
- You will have the ability to prioritise, manage multiple tasks, plan and organise work in a timely manner, work within guidelines and work on your own.
- You will have the ability to coordinate and delegate work to team members effectively with excellent communication skills.
- You will be self-motivated with a drive to learn.
- You will be working in an environment that is renowned for high standards and quality and for creating some of the best products and services in its industry.
Tertiary qualifications required: Metadata, Data Science or Business (Management) equivalent.
Experience in a similar role is essential.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and experience using Excel, running reports and undertaking data management is essential.
Bolinda is an entrepreneurial, innovative and first mover company. Adaptability and flexibility are essential.
If you think you’d be a great fit for this role, we’d love to hear from you! Please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter, letting us know why you stand out from the pack and what you can bring to Bolinda and this role. Applications without a cover letter will be discarded.
To apply via Seek click here.