Publishing & Production Assistant
About the Role
We are seeking a candidate to work with our current production team as a Publishing and Production Assistant. The ideal candidate has extreme attention to detail including spelling, grammar, and proofing skills, coupled with a love of design, composition, and brand application rendering. This role is being offered as an ongoing position assisting the current team with a variety of support tasks.
This is a highly rewarding role that entails production of audiobooks, covers and metadata.
The role includes hands on administration assistance for our current team, product support task checks, quality control, managing of files, proofreading, metadata writing and editing, author case, team support, gap filling and general production and publishing, administrative and organisational tasks.
Our ideal applicant has or is obtaining a tertiary qualification in English, Publishing and/or Communications, with some publishing or production experience desired, but not essential.
Additionally, the successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills;
- Demonstrated ability to plan effectively and manage changing priorities in a deadline driven environment;
- Superior computer skills including a solid knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and ability to adapt to new software quickly;
- Strong organisational, communication and administration skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a small production team;
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously and from home during Covid
- A passion for books in all formats, reading and publishing; and
- Basic to Intermediate competency with Adobe InDesign & Photoshop suites (training is available on the job for these programs but experience will be highly regarded)
To reward your dedication and hard work, we would like to offer the successful candidate an attractive remuneration package. Bolinda strongly believe in prioritising the personal and professional development of their employees and you will have access to ongoing training and development, with significant room for advancement and growth within the organisation.
If you think you’d be a great fit for this role, we’d love to hear from you! Please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter, letting us know why you stand out from the pack and what you can bring to Bolinda and this role. Applications without a cover letter will be discarded.
To apply via Seek click here.