Rights & Acquisitions Manager
Bolinda has revolutionised the way people access and consume books. As the world’s No.1 audiobook publisher and a leader in digital media, they combine a global reputation for excellence built over 25 years in audiobook publishing with the energy of their five-year-old digital start-up.
Bolinda has won hundreds of awards for producing world-class audio and publish bestselling authors and top brands on audio. They boast the best young adult and children’s audiobook program in the world and publish International authors such as James Patterson, Kate Morton, Elizabeth Gilbert and Liz Pichon.
Through their digital download solution, BorrowBox – your library in one app – Bolinda is the leading digital library provider in the world. BorrowBox, which enables members of public libraries, schools, and universities to download and borrow eContent, is the fastest growing digital library platform in Australia and the UK. Bolinda has offices in Melbourne, the UK, and New Zealand, doing business globally to provide great opportunities for exceptional people.
Everything about Bolinda is cutting-edge, from their digital products and infrastructure, to their business processes and training. They do things differently from most businesses and pride themselves on being one of the most innovative and progressive publishing companies.
Having gone through significant growth, the company is now looking to add even more talented people to its passionate and energetic team. If you are ambitious and would love to be challenged in a demanding but highly rewarding environment, then this Company is for you.
We are seeking a talented candidate to lead our Rights team. You will be working on our extensive, market-leading audiobook publishing schedule as we continue to provide the world’s best authors to everyone around the world.
Our dream candidate is a natural hunter – with a can-do approach to acquisitions. You will be passionate about negotiation and have a track record of buying/selling rights. You will be an expert at building relationships and thrive on building long-lasting partnerships that deliver incredible results.
Flexible working conditions between your home office and our Cremorne/South Yarra offices.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing relationships with key agents, content providers and publishers across the globe
- Continuing to build and nurture relationships with our exclusive publishing partners
- Using your expertise and knowledge to hunt down the best and most relevant titles for both the trade and library marketplaces
- Impressively presenting and pitching our business, our brand and our core values
- Assessing manuscripts and ensuring Bolinda buys only the very best titles
- Negotiating commercial terms at a high level
- Closing international deals on titles from the world’s best authors
- Maintaining, managing, and continuing to grow the whole publishing list
- Helping to manage or mentor our editorial and rights team
- Working on new formats for our content portfolio
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Market-awareness – you will live and breathe publishing and rights, and have in-depth knowledge of all major authors and publishing houses
- Have at least five years’ experience in selling or buying rights – with a demonstrable track record of top acquisitions/sales
- Have experience of working in the audiobook industry
- Have strong negotiation skills and thrive on closing the very best deals
- You will be a genuine hunter – with a can-do approach to acquisitions
- Have determination and grit, relentless in your desire to succeed
- Be conscientious and detail orientated
- Have superior presentation, organizational and administration skills
Don’t miss this exciting opportunity to join this market leading firm and set the tone for your future success
If you think you’d be a great fit for this role, we’d love to hear from you! Please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter, letting us know why you stand out from the pack and what you can bring to Bolinda and this role. Applications without a cover letter will be discarded.
To apply via Seek click here.