Audiobook Producer – Sound Engineer
Melbourne Northern Suburbs
Bolinda has revolutionised the way people access and consume books. As the world’s no.1 audiobook publisher and a leader in digital media, we combine a global reputation for excellence built over 25 years in audiobook publishing with the energy of our 5-year-old digital start-up.
Through our digital download solution, BorrowBox – your library in one app – Bolinda is the leading digital library provider in the world. BorrowBox, which enables members of public libraries, schools and universities to download and borrow eContent, is the fastest growing digital library platform in Australia and the UK. Bolinda has offices in Melbourne, the UK and NZ, doing business globally to provide great opportunities for exceptional people.
About the Opportunity
Bolinda audio is the number one brand for audiobooks and has established a global reputation for producing audiobooks of the highest artistic merit.
Bolinda’s audiobook list currently stands at over 5000 titles across a variety of categories including fiction, non-fiction, adult, young adult and children’s literature. Our titles are read by some of the world’s most talented actors and narrators, such as Jason Isaacs, Sophie Dahl, Tom Felton, Dawn French and more.
Our program encompasses the world’s bestselling Australian and international authors, including Liane Moriarty, Liz Pichon, Matthew Reilly, Felix Francis, along with international blockbuster authors such as Elizabeth Gilbert and Kate Morton. Bolinda audio also boasts the best young adult and children’s list in the world, composed of internationally acclaimed authors including Andy Griffiths, Ahn Do, Liz Pichon and Quentin Blake.
Bolinda is looking for a number of experienced Audiobook Producers to join our business and work in our global production team. The role includes narrator and author liaison once in the studio, recording and post-production – including comprehensive sound design of audiobooks and quality control of final products and file management of CD, MP3CD and digital products.
Here are the must haves for a Bolinda Producer:
- Manage, coach and direct talent of all experience levels for the duration of the recording.
- Conduct a seamless recording experience for your talent.
- Understand and practice proper recording techniques, audio processing, basic audio signal flow and sound theory.Manage large projects and a high number of audio assets.
- Operate well within a fast-paced team environment.
- Demonstrate a high level of efficiency operating Pro Tools.
- Think fast and be willing to adapt for the betterment of the project.
Pre & Postproduction:
- Mix down large Pro Tools sessions.
- Master audio to fixed specifications.
- Design Sound and Soundscapes.
- Work fast while under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Work to a brief.
- Make conscious decisions when processing audio.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A strong grasp of the English language including grammar.
- Ideally: previous audiobook production experience working with voice artists/authors/narrators to record audiobooks in studios.
- Thorough knowledge of post-production including editing, processing and mastering of audio using Pro Tools software.
- A working knowledge of additional DAW programs is a bonus.
- Competent knowledge of Microsoft Office and the ability to adapt to new software quickly.
- Strong organisational, communication and administration skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a small production team.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- A process-driven mindset and efficiency in maintaining output to a high standard.
Don’t miss this exciting opportunity to join this market-leading firm and set the tone for your future success.
To apply please upload your CV along with a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role – click here.
Applications that do not contain a cover letter will be disregarded.